Wednesday 4 February 2015

Endura’s Equipe Exo Softshell

I’ve had Endura’s Equipe Exo Softshell for three months now and have very pleased with it. There’s a bewilderingly amount of clothing out there promising the moon on a stick, I wanted a jacket that could take me through the winter months and having tackled previous winters in a waterproof (and boiled in the bag) so I thought I’d see what a softshell could do.

 The jacket offers a complete barrier against wind and goes a long way in wet weather too, I’ve been out in some hideous weather recently and haven’t once reached for my emergency waterproof, layering a number of thin tops underneath makes it very versatile as the jacket itself isn’t overly insulated. 

The offset zip gives a snug and warm fit at the neck and the sizing is generous enough to allow layering but trim enough to prevent the windsock effect. The pit-zips are very useful and very easily reached whilst riding. Reflective but subtle trim gives good visibility and the stretch fabric gives good all day comfort. 

The only criticism I have is the large rear pocket, it’s easily accessible with a zipper-pull but inside it’s divided up with a mesh organiser which gets in the way rather than helping you find stuff, especially with winter gloves on but it’s only a small niggle.


  A great jacket, buy one, I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment